It is our firm belief that a blog is like a magazine written for a more intimate readership. As such, we recognize that working with marketers is essential to providing our readers with the best possible information about the latest and greatest products that they absolutely need to read about.
At TimeOutForMom.com, we do have a set PR policy, and ask that you read it before pitching us:
- You can send us a press release, but if you want a product reviewed, don’t offer us “hi-res images.” Just like we would never tell our mothers to go out and buy a product because we saw a commercial on TV, we’re not going to tell our readers that we love your product (or have a clue whether it works, is of decent quality, or is worth buying themselves) if we haven’t touched, played with, and road tested it ourselves. Be prepared to offer a product sample for review – if you are, in fact, asking for a review.
- Even if you send us a product for review, don’t expect that you’ll be guaranteed a glowing review. While most of the posts you’ll read will be positive (I’d rather spend my time writing about the products I love than bashing the products I hated), I will be honest about any flaws or potential problems. The same holds true for a service review.
- We cover a wide range of subjects, but please get a sense of our blog before pitching us. As of now, we don’t have any writers who can accurately cover menopause products, who are interested in the swinger lifestyle, or who want to find 10 tips for snagging Mr. Right (we hope, at least, that we’ve already found him!).
- We don’t do sponsored posts. We’ll cover your product, service, venue or business only if it deserves coverage on its own merit.
- If you would like to get in touch with us, please email Editor@timeoutformom.com with your pitch, and we’ll respond within 48 hours with our level of interest.
- If you want to advertise with TimeOutForMom.com, please email Advertising@timeoutformom.com to get our media kit (available online soon!)